WELCOME TO BAY ISLANDS GOLF CLUB MACLEAY ISLAND
Queensland Health has published the Public Health and Social Measures linked to vaccination status Direction. The Public Health Directions (PHD) are law and come into effect at 5.00 am on 17th December 2021.
Please be advised that this direction has NOT been imposed by the Bay Islands Golf Club Inc, it is the LAW. The following information applies to our Club and we trust that everyone will abide by these requirements and any aggressive or confrontational behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Members and Visitors who are within the clubhouse precinct may be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status.
- Unvaccinated people can play golf, including associated activities i.e. golf course practice facilities.
- Unvaccinated people can play golf in the same group as fully vaccinated People.
- Unvaccinated people can share a golf cart with a vaccinated golfer.
- Unvaccinated people cannot eat and drink in the clubhouse and surroundings.
- Unvaccinated people can coach and be coached.
There are different requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated patrons:
- Vaccinated people can use all hospitality services of a golf club facility.
- Unvaccinated patrons CANNOT ENTER the clubhouse to collect takeaway food and beverages for consumption whilst playing golf or for purposes associated with playing golf, i.e., paying fees, hiring buggies, etc.
- Two toilet facilities are provided on the course. One is adjacent to Sharmans Shack at the 4th Tee area and the other across the road from the 9th Tee area.
Bay Islands Golf Club Inc.
Lot 2 Gordon Road
Ph: 07 3409 5299
The Government requirements regarding entry into the club and golf play are changing regularly. The above requirements at 17 December 2021 are for ALL persons, members, guests, and visitors and may change at any time according to Government direction.
URGENT NOTICE ALL MEMBERS AND VISITORS –
The original Qld Government previously introduced regulations for COVID compliance are still in place for ALL members and visitors.
- There will be NO paper sign-in for COVID for all persons entering the club.
- ALL PATRONS for dining, entertainment, alcohol consumption on-premises, and golf MUST sign in ELECTRONICALLY using their phone camera.
- If you do not have a phone with a camera or just do not have your phone then the staff MUST sign you in electronically using the club mobile.
NO EXCEPTIONS – There are massive fines and the club could be closed. If you do not obey the new rules you will be denied entry to the club or asked to leave. See the signs at the club entrance. Please obey the rules – they are state-wide and all venues must obey or lose their licence.
The Government requirements regarding entry into the club and golf play are changing regularly. At this stage there we have been advised that there will be a requirement for ALL persons, members, guests, and visitors to have evidence of double vaccinations on their Government App, Medicare App, or on their Electronic sign-in via the Check-In Queensland App.
Bay Islands Golf Club Committee 2021-2022
President: Lee Petersen
Vice President: Ian Gilleard
Secretary: Gloria Hodder
Treasurer: Moya Fox
Club Captain: Laurie Fleming
Ladies Captain: Rhonda Chapman
Committee: Shane Cardile, Lyn Robertson, Stewart Lind
House Committee Representative: vacant
Once things settle down a bit we will post the direct phone numbers for some of the committee members on the website, Facebook, and the notice board.
This committee welcomes input from the members and will be available to meet with members to discuss matters that concern them about the running of the club. If you want to help change the club’s future then talking with the committee in personal meetings is the way forward.
We will be expanding our social interaction with all members (Golf and Social) by direct newsletter via Facebook, messaging, email, and website notifications. This will be in place as quickly as we can get VOLUNTEERS to help with the input. Once it is fully active notices about the Restaurant, Golf, Entertainment, Special functions and lots of other good stuff will be relayed to the members promptly.
All contact with the committee should first be made through the club secretary
Bay Islands Golf Club
20 November 2021
COVID-19 – OPTIONS AT BAY ISLAND GOLF CLUB
Please contact the Club administration for the latest updates.
Find out about all upcoming activities, competitions, entertainment, and events:
Telephone: 07 3409 5299 ext. 2
BAY ISLANDS GOLF CLUB HAS FOUR VERY ACTIVE GOLFING CATEGORIES
Our Categories Include:
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR FRIENDLY CLUB FOR ONLY $300.00 PER YEAR
FROM 1 APRIL to 31 MARCH OR PRO RATA FEE SCHEDULE